Willie Nelson to release new original album ‘A Beautiful Time’
Willie Nelson may turn 89 on April 29. But as we’ve seen over the past few years, it’s not slowing down anytime soon. On April 29, he will also release his latest album titled a beautiful momentand with a very beautiful album cover of Willie Nelson walking down the main thoroughfare of his own western town called Luck on his ranch just outside Austin – a brilliant sunset dazzling the sky just behind a hill.
Willie released two albums last year: The Willie Nelson Family composed of many Gospel standards and other American songbook greats, accompanied by members of his family and family band, as well as It’s lifewhich was a tribute to Frank Sinatra, and is currently up for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album via the Grammy Awards.
Corn a beautiful moment will be more of an original Willie album, featuring five new songs written by Nelson with his producer Buddy Cannon, plus original songs written by others to round out the tracklist, and some recognizable covers, including “With A Little Help From My Friends” by the Beatles and “Tower of Song” by Leonard Cohen.
Songwriter Shawn Camp also contributes a few tracks, and Jim “Moose” Brown, Scotty Emerick and Don Sampson also appear in the songwriting credits for all 14 songs of the Legacy Recordings release. The band on the record includes guitarists Bob Terry and James Mitchell, Jim “Moose” Brown on keyboards, bassist Barry Bales and drummer Fred Eltringham.
Ahead of the album, Willie Nelson released the unreleased song “I’ll Love You Till The Day I Die”, written by Chris Stapleton and Rodney Crowell (listen below).
While every Willie Nelson release is cherished these days since we still share sweet Earth with him, sometimes the focus of these late-career albums has been more retrospective. a beautiful moment will be one of the most original collections, and therefore deserves special attention.
a beautiful moment is now available in pre-order.
a beautiful moment List of tracks:
1. I will love you until the day I die (Rodney Crowell and Chris Stapleton)
2. My heart was a dancer (Willie Nelson and Buddy Cannon)
3. Energy Follows Thought (Willie Nelson and Buddy Cannon)
4. Dreamin’ Again (Jack Wesley Routh and Douglas Graham)
5. I’m not going to the funeral (Willie Nelson and Buddy Cannon)
6. A Beautiful Moment (Shawn Camp)
7. We’re Not Happy (Until You’re Not Happy) (Shawn Camp and Charles R. Humphrey III)
8. Dusty Bottles (Jim “Moose” Brown, Scotty Emerick and Don Sampson)
9. Me and my partner (Ken Lambert)
10. Song Tower (Leonard Cohen)
11. Live Everyday (Willie Nelson and Buddy Cannon)
12. Don’t Touch Me There (Willie Nelson and Buddy Cannon)
13. With a little help from my friends (John Lennon and Paul McCartney)
14. Leave You With a Smile (Buddy Cannon, Bobby Terry and Matt Rossi)